Monday, February 22, 2010

Picking up blocks...


I can't believe that this is my last week as a stay-at-home momma. I am back to work on March 1st! How quickly time has passed by since Noah's birth! Almost 10 weeks ago... he changes every day. I am blessed to have a wonderful woman who takes care of my daughter each day I am teaching. My step-mother will be keeping the baby until the end of the school year. What a blessing!

As I am sitting here on the couch, checking my email and watching my sweet little pumpkin play, I am amazed at how much she has picked up/mimicked lately.

For Christmas, I bought her a set of mega blocks. She LOVES them. The first thing she does when she enters the family room is pick up that container and dumps them all over the floor. She builds with them, hides them, and (unfortunately) throws them around the room. Each day, we pick up those blocks 4 or 5 times. When I say "we", I am speaking of my husband and myself. We try to engage Selah in the process... singing songs (It's time to put the blocks away, blocks away...), making a game of racing to put them in the container... anything to get her to put them away with us. Once every ten times, it may or may not work. This afternoon, I hear "Away! Away! Yeah!!" I look up to see her putting a block in the container. I say nothing... sitting perfectly still, as to not disrupt this moment... Again, I hear "Away! Away! Yeah!!" I am almost afraid to breathe... I don't want her to stop! On the third time, I joined her in her excited "Yeah!!" The next time, she looked at me, as if inquiring "aren't you going to cheer with me?" So, I cheered her on! How exciting to see her put almost all of her blocks away!!! What a sweet moment. It just proves how closely kids watch us and our actions, copying our excitement, even in the most mundane tasks. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all mirrored our Heavenly Father's excitement... even as He helps us clean up the daily messes we make out of our lives!

I am so proud of Selah... even as she picked up the container and dumped it back all over the floor...

What a sweet blessing she is. How amazed am I that God revealed a little of His Love and Truth in a 19 month old's actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment